Annual Meeting 2019
The date is set for Saturday the 15th of June 2019 at our normal venue: the Institute of Astronomy in Cambridge. There's no need to book in advance. Member or not, you're all welcome to turn up on the day.
The Society AGM is open to members only and is scheduled for 10:15–10:45. Guests are welcome to enjoy their coffee in peace before join us for the most important part of the day.
We now have a line-up of speakers for you in no particular order.
- Wolfgang Steinicke is back to talk about Lord Rosse and Deep Sky Astronomy at Birr Castle.
- The title of Dale Holt's talk hasn't been decided, so you'll have to wait a little longer.
- George Sallit will tell us CMOS, So What!
- Andrew Robertson will give us some Double Stars for Fun.
- We'll be brought Update on Light Pollution by Bob Mizon.
- And our professional keynote will be given by Gerry Gilmore from the Institute of Astronomy on GAIA.
Still more to come...
Our Venue: the Institute of Astronomy
The Institute of Astronomy (IoA) is a department of the University of Cambridge that traditionally plays host to the Webb Deep-Sky Society's Annual Meeting.